Four-week maintenance to close the downtown pool complex
The downtown facility’s pools are undergoing a deep cleaning of all of its equipment to ensure the health and safety of regular users.
Pools at a municipal facility in Coquitlam will be closed throughout September to undergo seasonal maintenance, including draining and deep cleaning of its equipment.
For just over four weeks, city crews will be at the City Center Aquatic Complex (CCAC) performing a series of tasks aimed at improving its services to local residents and ensuring safety regulations are followed.
“Shutting down is necessary for maintenance and cleaning that cannot be done while the facility is open, and provides a safe environment for staff and the public, reduces the likelihood of equipment failures, and extends the life life of city workers,” says Coquitlam Community Recreation. manager Michael Fox in a press release today (August 24).
The CCAC will be officially closed from September 6 to October 9.
During this period, Fox says maintenance work at the facility – located at 1210 Pinetree Way – will include the following:
- Draining of swimming pools
- Deep cleaning of tanks
- Deep cleaning of fitness centers
- Deep cleaning equipment, lockers, changing rooms, showers, life jackets and pool toys
- Repoint the tiles
- Touch up paint
- Inspect and maintain mechanical systems and other equipment
The pools are scheduled to reopen on Thanksgiving Day (October 10), but since it is a holiday, normal operating hours will return the following day, October 11.
STAT hours on October 10 will be 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. for women only and 10:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. for the rest of the public.
Meanwhile, the CCAC fitness center will only be closed for maintenance September 6-12.
When it reopens on September 13, Fox says the gym’s operating hours will be as follows through October 9:
- 5:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. = Monday to Friday
- 5:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. = Saturday
- Closed = Sunday
If you need to open your lanes during the closure, residents and visitors are encouraged to use the Poirier Sports and Recreation Complex (633 Poirier Street) or the Eagle Ridge Outdoor Pool (2689 Guildford Road).
For more information, you can visit the City of Coquitlam website.
Hyde Creek Pool Closing
In Port Coquitlam, the leisure and swimming pools inside the Hyde Creek Recreation Center will also be closed for maintenance.
The city says the three-week shutdown will take place from August 29 to September 17.
However, other PoCo recreation facilities will be open for community use:
- Robert Hope Pool and Wading Pool (2137 Lamprey Drive)
- Sun Valley Wading Pool (3700 Hamilton Street)
- Routley Wading Pool (1570 Western Drive)
- Centennial Pool (3050 Chester Street)
- Parks of the castle and the valley of the sun
- Open every day from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. until September
- Port Coquitlam Community Center Recreational Pool and Spray Park (2150 Wilson Ave.)